People have been flocking to Buckhead, and it's easy to see why: Buckhead is one of Atlanta's most established communities, with a wide array of businesses, restaurants, and shops as well as easy access to parks and recreation.
Buckhead is the third-largest business district of Atlanta with almost 78,500 residents and growing rapidly. The city has quite a diverse collection of homes, ranging from newly built and renovated mid-century houses to high-end condominiums and townhomes in prime locations.
Buckhead refers to the northernmost district of Atlanta located in Fulton County with Brookhaven to the east, Sandy Springs to the north, Midtown to the south, and East Cobb to the west. The area has a vast network of highways and public transportation that connects residents to every part of Greater Atlanta. Considered Atlanta's most upscale neighborhood, Buckhead is known for its impressive modern high-rises, world-class shopping venues, and fine dining. A mix of urban and suburban in character, the area is home to various residential subdivisions, country clubs, and 13 parks, including Chastain Park and the Northside Beltline Trail. Buckhead has many top-rated public and private schools, including The Lovett School, Pace Academy, Westminster School, Morris Brandon Elementary, and North Atlanta High School.
Buckhead is proud of its thriving economy and boasts one of Atlanta's most modern skylines. The area also has an expansive selection of boutique and big-name shops as well as quality dining and nightlife options. Lenox Mall, Phipps Plaza, and The Shops Buckhead are the commercial hubs of the district and attract visitors from all over Metro-Atlanta. Buckhead also has a thriving cultural community with local artists and a variety of seasonal festivals.
For both established families and young professionals, Buckhead is a location that is always popular to move to within the perimeter. As the district grows more every year, Buckhead's residents only get prouder to call it their home!
- The Atlanta History Center is a large draw for visitors who come to Buckhead. Considered Atlanta's premier museum of history, this expansive complex contains multiple permanent exhibits, two historic homes, and the Battle of Atlanta Cyclorama. Those who are interested are invited to explore and take an educational walk through Atlanta's unique history.
- Armour Yards is the definition of "up and coming" in Atlanta. What was once abandoned warehouses, is now a growing neighborhood of eateries, offices, and retailers. Anchored by East Pole Coffee Company and the extremely popular SweetWater Brewery, this area is developing at a rapid speed and will soon be connected to the Atlanta Beltline.
- The Lovett School is an independent, coeducational day school serving children from K-12th grade with approximately 1,100 students. The student-to-teacher ratio is 9 to 1.
- Westminster School is a coeducational Christian, independent day school for grades PreK-12th. It has 1,873 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Pace Academy is a coeducational, college preparatory day school serving 1,115 students in grades PreK-12th. They strive to maintain close student-teacher relationships in the classroom with a ratio of 9 to 1.
- Holy Innocents is a private, Episcopal school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,360 students in grades PreK through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Morris Brandon Elementary School is a public school located in Buckhead, GA. It has 1,000 students in grades Pre K through 5th with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
- Sutton Middle School is a public school located in Buckhead, GA. It has 1,641 students in grades 6th through 8th with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1.
- North Atlanta High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,978 students in grades 9th through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1
- Atlanta Memorial Park & Northside Trail is a popular, paved stretch of the Atlanta Beltline. Far more quiet and residential compared to its East Side sister stretch, The Northside trail runs along with Bobby Jones Golf Course and Atlanta Memorial Park and is rather popular for Buckhead runners and walkers.
- Chastain Park is a 268-acre park in the heart of Buckhead. The park is composed of the North Fulton Golf Course, a clubhouse, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, an amphitheater, arts center, tennis courts, gymnasium, horse stables, polo field, and miles of walking trails. It was completed in 1945 and has been extremely popular ever since.
Dining & Shopping
- The Shops Buckhead is a work, live, play district with luxury shops, and restaurants, a library, and so much more. Some of Atlanta's favorite eateries are in this complex and attract many Buckhead locals. Whether it's running errands or meeting friends for dinner and drinks, The Shops has the amenities to ensure you have a great experience.
- Lenox Square & Phipps Plaza are considered the commercial hubs of Atlanta. Only a minute drive from each other, these Buckhead complexes offer everything from high-end designers and boutiques to more affordable retailers. Phipps Plaza is also home to LEGOLAND Discovery Center as well as a movie theater. World-class restaurants and cafes surround the area.