People have been flocking to Midtown, and it's easy to see why: Midtown is one of Atlanta's most exciting communities, with a wide array of businesses, restaurants, and shops as well as easy access to parks and recreation.
Midtown is the second-largest business district of Atlanta with almost 41,600 residents and growing rapidly. The city has quite a diverse collection of homes, ranging from newly built and renovated mid-century houses to high-end condominiums and townhomes in prime locations.
Midtown refers to the most central district of Atlanta located in Fulton County with Virginia Highlands to the east, Buckhead to the north, Downtown to the south, and West Midtown to the west. The area has a vast network of highways and public transportation that connects residents to every part of Great Atlanta. Considered Atlanta's most colorful neighborhoods, Midtown is known for its impressive modern high-rises, amazing fine arts venues, and eclectic dining and nightlife. Urban in character, the area is home to various residential areas, office spaces, and parks, including the famous Piedmont Park. Midtown is located near many top-rated public and private schools, including The Lovett School, Pace Academy, Westminster School, Springdale Park Elementary, and Grady High School.
Midtown is proud of its thriving economy and boasts Atlanta's most iconic stretch of skyscrapers. The area also has an expansive selection of boutique and big-name shops as well as quality dining and nightlife options. Atlantic Station and Ponce City Market are two of many commercial hubs within the district and attract visitors from all over Metro-Atlanta. Midtown also has a thriving cultural community with local artists and a variety of seasonal festivals.
For both established families and young professionals, Midtown is a location that is always popular to move to within the perimeter. As the district grows more every year, Buckhead's residents only get prouder to call it their home!
- High Museum of Art is an icon of Midtown. Considered Atlanta's premier art museum, this expansive complex contains multiple permanent exhibits, space for traveling exhibits, a cafe, and is home to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Those who are interested are invited to explore The High's extensive collection of European, African, American, and modern art.
- The Atlanta Beltline is one of the most popular destinations for Atlantans. This is the most developed stretch of the trail with shops, cafes, bars, and so much more for pedestrians and cyclists to enjoy. Local artists have decorated the surrounding areas with installations and murals. This is Midtown's go-to place for a good time with friends and cannot be missed!
Colleges & Universities
- Georgia Tech is one of the elite technical universities in the country. With 36,500 under and post-graduates studying a wide array of subjects, Georgia Tech is a staple educational institution in the city. The campus is located in bustling Midtown and contains many impressive modern facilities for student life and academic research.
- Georgia State University is a very popular public university in Atlanta. With over 52,000 under and post-graduates, the campus is spread all around the city, but its hub is located in Downtown, Atlanta. The Robinson College of Business and the College of Law are exceptionally popular and prestigious post-graduate programs.
- The Lovett School is an independent, coeducational day school serving children from K-12th grade with approximately 1,100 students. The student-to-teacher ratio is 9 to 1.
- Westminster School is a coeducational Christian, independent day school for grades PreK-12th. It has 1,873 students and a student-to-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Pace Academy is a coeducational, college preparatory day school serving 1,115 students in grades PreK-12th. They strive to maintain close student-teacher relationships in the classroom with a ratio of 9 to 1.
- Atlanta International School is an independent, private school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,300 students in grades PreK through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Springdale Park Elementary School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 739 students in grades Pre K through 5th with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
- Inman Middle School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,075 students in grades 6th through 8th with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
- Henry W. Grady High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,389 students in grades 9th through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1.
- Piedmont Park is Atlanta's most popular park. With green spaces, a swimming pool, a lake, sports facilities, and so much more, it offers a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Park Tavern, on the edge of the park, is a popular meeting place for Atlantans on the weekend. The park also hosts many events such as the annual music festival, Music Midtown.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden is a 30-acre complex adjacent to the aforementioned Piedmont Park. The gardens contain an incredible array of flora from around the world and showcase impressive landscaping and topiary art. During Christmas time, the Botanical Gardens come to life with spectacular lights displays.
Dining & Shopping
- Atlantic Station is a work, live, play district with shops, restaurants, a movie theater, and so much more. The Ikea is a major reason why people from all over Greater Atlanta come to this area. Whether it's running errands or meeting friends for dinner and drinks, Atlantic Station has the amenities to ensure you have a great experience.
- Ponce City Market is one of Atlanta's most popular shopping and eating complexes. Located in what once was the Sears Store catalog facility, PCM now welcomes visitors to its gourmet food court, rooftop bar, and many stores. A popular stretch of the Beltline runs right past the building, the very trendy Old Fourth Ward District offers plenty of great cafes and restaurants.