People are flocking to Milton, and it's easy to see why: Milton is one of Greater Atlanta's most popular communities, with a wide array of businesses, restaurants, and shops as well as easy access to parks and recreation.
Milton is the 24th largest city in Georgia with almost 39,000 residents—and growing rapidly. The city has quite a diverse collection of homes, ranging from newly built and renovated mid-century houses to high-end condominiums and townhomes in prime locations.
The city of Milton refers to the area located in north Fulton County with Forsyth County to the east, Roswell to the south, and Cherokee County to the north and west. The city is only 30 miles from downtown Atlanta, and the commute is made even easier with the highway, GA-400, directly connecting the two cities. Founded in 2006, Milton is known for its exclusive, luxury golfing and equestrian communities. Largely suburban in character, the area is home to various residential subdivisions and 13 parks, including Birmingham Park and the Greenway Path. Milton is located near top-rated public and private schools, including St. Francis School, Blessed Trinity Catholic High School, King's Ridge Christian School, Birmingham Falls Elementary, and Milton High School
Roswell is proud of its community and boasts some of Greater Atlanta's best golfing and equestrian options. The area also has an expansive selection of boutique and big-name shops as well as quality dining and nightlife options. Downtown Alpharetta and Avalon are nearby the city and attract visitors from all over Metro-Atlanta. Milton has a thriving cultural community with local artists and a variety of seasonal festivals.
For both established families and young professionals, Milton has become an increasingly popular location to move to outside the perimeter. As the city grows even larger every year, Milton's residents only get prouder to call this townhome!
- Milton Horses are an icon of the city. The silhouette of a horse is even included in the city's logo. For Milton equestrians, there are many stables that board horses and provide enough space for the horses to thrive. Milton is the perfect setting; so close to a major city like Atlanta but also able to embrace a more rural culture.
- Crabapple, Georgia is a historic town center with old, preserved buildings, antique stores, shops, and restaurants and one of the oldest parts of Fulton County. This charming town has a bi-annual antique fair in May and October called Old Times at Crabapple Antique Festival.
- St. Francis School is an independent private, school located in Milton and Roswell, GA. It has 750 students in grades K through 12th with two campuses and a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1.
- King's Ridge Christian School is an above-average, private, Christian School located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 792 students in grades Pre-K through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1.
- Blessed Trinity is a private, Catholic high school located in Roswell, GA. It has 1,000 students in grades 9th through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1.
- Mill Springs Academy is a small private school located in Alpharetta, GA. It has 304 students in grades K through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Birmingham Falls Elementary School is a public school located in Milton, GA. It has 720 students in grades K through 5th with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1.
- Hopewell Middle School is a public school located in Milton, GA. It has 1,427 students in grades 6th through 8th with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1.
- Milton High School is a public school located in Milton, GA. It has 1,127 students in grades 9th through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1.
- Greenway Path is a very popular nearly 20 miles paved path located in Alpharetta. Beautifully maintained, this is a great place to cycle, jog, or just stroll. There are multiple places to park and begin your exercise, and there are many restaurants and shops nearby at many points. Many restrooms and break spaces are also included.
- Providence Park is 42 acres of beautifully preserved forest right next to Providence Lake. This park has a great network of hiking trails and is extremely popular with Milton locals. With parking and restroom facilities, Providence Park is the perfect place to forget responsibilities and just enjoy nature!
Dining & Shopping
- Avalon is a work, live, play district with trendy shops, and restaurants, a grocery store, and a movie theater. Some of Atlanta's favorite eateries have locations in this complex and attract many Roswell locals. Whether it's running errands or meeting friends for dinner and drinks, Avalon has the amenities to ensure you have a great experience.
- Downtown Alpharetta is considered the central hub of the nearby town of Alpharetta. With an exceptional collection of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and stores, it makes sense why Alpharetta and Milton locals love to spend so much of their time here. This impressively these charming streets also host many events all year round.