People are flocking to Sandy Springs, and it's easy to see why: Sandy Springs is one of Atlanta's most established communities, with a wide array of businesses, restaurants, and shops as well as easy access to parks and recreation.
Sandy Springs is the 7th largest city in Georgia with over 107,000 residents and growing rapidly. The city has quite a diverse collection of homes, ranging from newly built and renovated mid-century houses to high-end condominiums and townhomes in prime locations.
The city of Sandy Springs refers to an area straddling the I-285 perimeter in Fulton County with Dunwoody to the east, Roswell to the north, Buckhead to the south, and Cobb County to the west. The city is only 15 miles from downtown Atlanta, and the commute is made even easier with the highway, GA-400, directly connecting the two cities. With a deep-rooted history beginning in the early 1800s, Sandy Springs is known for its beautiful luxury mansions on larges plots of land and prime shopping opportunities. Largely suburban in character, the area is home to various residential subdivisions and 16 parks, including East Palisades Park and Morgan Falls Park. Sandy Springs is located near top-rated public and private schools, including Holy Innocents School, Holy Spirit Catholic School, Mount Vernon Presbyterian School, Lake Forest Elementary, and Riverwood High School
The area has an expansive selection of boutique and big-name shops as well as quality dining and nightlife options. City Springs and Perimeter Center are the commercial hubs of the city and attract visitors from all over Metro-Atlanta. Sandy Springs also has a thriving cultural community with local artists and a variety of seasonal festivals.
For both established families and young professionals, Sandy Springs has become an increasingly popular location to move to. As the city grows even every year, Sandy Springs' residents only get prouder to call this townhome!
- The Heritage Sandy Springs Museum is an event space, public park, gardens, and museum complex in the heart of Sandy Springs. Inside a preserved farmhouse built-in 1869 is a permanent exhibit about the history of the city as well as a rotating traveling exhibit. The springs Sandy Springs is named after are actually located in this park
- Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center was built in 2018 and has a theater with a capacity for 1,096 people. There is also a conference space and gallery for visual arts. The center has hosted many acts such as the famous Atlanta Ballet. An outdoor rooftop event space has some beautiful views of the Sandy Springs and Atlanta skylines.
- Holy Innocents is a private, Episcopal school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,360 students in grades PreK through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1.
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian School is an above-average, private, Christian School located in Atlanta, GA. It has 886 students in grades Pre-K through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1.
- Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a private, Catholic school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 450 students in grades Pre K through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1.
- St. Jude is a private, Catholic school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 508 students in grades Pre-K through 8th with a student to teacher ratio of 16 to 1.
- Lake Forest Elementary School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 806 students in grades Pre K through 5th with a student to teacher ratio of 11 to 1.
- Sandy Springs Middle School is a public school located in Sandy Springs, GA. It has 953 students in grades 6th through 8th with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1.
- Riverwood High School is a public school located in Roswell, GA. It has 1,738 students in grades 9th through 12th with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1.
- East Palisades Park is one of many popular parks in Sandy Springs along the Chattahoochee River. The park has a network of over four miles of walking trails with some beautiful vistas of the river. This stretch of river is also very popular with local kayakers. The Palisades is also known for its bamboo forest which hikers can explore.
- Morgan Falls Park is located on Bull Sluice Lake and boasts some beautiful views of the water. Ideal for families, this park has pavilions for picnics and gatherings as well as playgrounds for children. There is also a boat dock for kayaks and canoes to be dropped off. Whether you're looking to relax or exercise, Morgan Falls has the facilities to ensure you have a good time.
Dining & Shopping
- City Springs is considered the downtown plaza of Sandy Springs. Centered around the aforementioned Performing Arts Center, this area has a public green space for concerts, boutique shops, and many popular restaurants and cafes. With plenty of free parking and outdoor seating at restaurants, it makes sense why this spot is so popular for locals.
- Perimeter Center is a work, live, play district with trendy shops, restaurants, offices, an indoor mall, and so much more. Located right on the perimeter of I-285, this is a popular shopping destination for all Greater Atlantans. This sprawling commercial district is growing quickly while companies like Mercedes chose to build their regional offices located here.